Thursday 2 August 2012

Someday, we'll forget the hurt. The reasons we cried and who caused the pain. We will finally realize that the secret of being free is not revenge, but letting things unfold in their own way and their own time. After all, what matters is not the first, but the last chapter of our lives, which shows how well we ran the race. So smile, laugh, forgive, believe, and love all over again.


Paradise is where love dwells.


There is sadness, but there is also love. Choose love, let yourself move forward and break free from dark chains.


You're way to young to not believe it's going to be okay.


If your wish doesn't come true, something much more amazing is meant for you.


"He is out there. My prince charming. He is real. He exists. I pray for him constantly. May God satisfy the desires of his heart, draw him close, consume him. May He claim his passions, his identity, his refuge, his hopes, his strengths and weaknesses, every fiber of his being. May he treasure and cherish his Savior more than anything of this world and cling to His will with every ounce of his stamina. By all that he is, does, and strives to be, may He draw near to him and he to Him."


"I cannot quite grasp the words to explain what an open road feels like. But I will tell you what it says(to you, to me, to every pair of torn and bleeding souls who call it home): it speaks of butterfly wings, clouds, rain-whipped wind, and the memories of days long gone; it mutters melancholy melodies, crickets, cicadas, church mice and croaking toads, all under the same cool sky; it whispers lullabies to grieving smiles and murmurs quiet healing spells over scattered reminiscences; it gives and takes in a never-ending cycle of breath, renewing the lives of all who have just about given up, who have taken one last step with recklessly open arms. Perhaps the word I'm looking for, perhaps the word we all so desperately cling to. . .perhaps it is hope."


"I stand outside catching the glint of the fading sun in my eyes. Thinking maybe the biting chill in the air will clear my mind. But it doesn't. I watch the leaves scatter as a swift breeze comes by. My fingers are cold and I think about the things I've held and the things I've let go. I shove them in my pockets and watch the sun sink lower over the trees. I stare up at the sky watching the stars come out of hiding. The moon is glowing brightly overhead already. I think about all the days I have lived that I will never, ever get back again. I listen to the sounds of a sad, soft song drifting on the breeze. This is home."


"I don't know if we each have a destiny or if we're floating around accidental - like on a breeze, but I. . .I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time." - Forest Gump


I'll remember the laughter as we go our separate ways, but there is so much we're learning and we can't be afraid. There is a world right outside our door that needs the love of a true friend, the promise of a brighter tomorrow, and hope that things will get better. There is nothing that can stand in our way. We need to rise above. Above standards, above the norm, above what this world expects.


No comments:

Post a Comment